Comments are a form of communication that is directed to the blogger. The way a comment is typed says a lot about the person behind the keyboard whether being a respectful human or just straight up disrespectful. It also can tell a lot about the individual’s educations and morals.
A good comment is when you have something positive to state to the blogger in the following ways:
1. The type of blog you comment on: When typing a comment, you should make sure that the comment is appropriate for that blog.( funny comment should not be on a serious post)
2. The length of the comment: A good comment should not be a typed in a paragraph. The writer may not choose to read the whole comment. The best comment that a person could leave is a small, yet still be able to get the idea across.
3. Being respectful: Your comment should be something positive, it should no offend the writer in anyway. If you, the reader find something that you think is incorrect about the post and would like to inform the writer, do it in a way that is respectful, good criticism.
4. Stay on topic: A good comment should focus on the main idea of the post. The comment should not just go talking about something that has absolutely that has nothing to do with the topic.
A bad comment is trying to make the other person feel bad purposefully and doing so you are making yourself look like a horrible person if the following ways:
1. Not so anonymous: When posting a comment you should realize that people can see you name and then know who you are and people who may look to heir you may look at your social records.
2. Not on topic: There is always a reason why there is a blog up, even if it is free post it is foucsed on a topic. You trying to go off topic is point less, first if the writer sees you comment and reads a little bit of it and it has nothing to do with the topic they might not even read the whole thing so in the end you wasted your time.
3. Stright up disrespectful: When commting somthing that is disrespectful you basicly are trying to make someone feel bad. Someone make be disrespectful when they read on line that the do not support or like but the rest of the post is amazing. In the end you are looking bad and no one else.
4. Whose choice in the end: No matter how bad the comment may be, in the end it is the writer who basicly gets to choses if they want that comment on their post.
Basicly if you find a problem in the post, you might as well make yourself look like a good person by telling someone politely about the problem in the post. But there always will be people who choses to be disrespetful and it is our job not to be one of them.
And to sum up everything here is a short video: